viernes, 19 de marzo de 2010

Jock at The Sea Farer






My name is Jock and this is my “ story “ In 1947, at the age of 16, I began playing professionally with such young artist as BILLY ECKSTINE, SARA VAUGHAN AND PEGGY LEE. Every weekend, I worked at the famous Rendezvous Ballroom in Balboa Beach, California, a glittering monument to the Big Band era.

Seven years later, at the age of 23, I joined the Perez Prado Band, Playing mostly in Los Angeles and San Francisco. It was during this period that we recorded many of his early hits including “ Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White “ Over the years I have had the honor of playing and recording with symphony orchestras from Seattle to Seville, and Touring and Recording with such a great performers as VICTOR BORGE, HARRY BELAFONTE, VICKY CARR, ANDY WILLIAMS, PERRY COMO, THE MILLS BROTHERS, THE KING SISTERS, JOHNNY MATHIS, HENRY MANCINI, TONY BENNETT, and others.
From the “ pit “ I have supported such hit musicals as “ Evita “, “Mame”, “Music Man”, “ Man of la mancha “, “Will Roger Follies”, ”Fiddler of the Roof “, and others. For over 60 years now, I have been working as a professional musician trying to improve what has been my passion.

Now in my 10th year with Alfredo Gomez Rubio and his Restaurant´s Pedro y Lola and THE SEA FARER AT MARINA COSTA BONITA, I continue to enjoy the challenge of performing for our many friends who share a love of music and fine cuisine in a lovely setting.
We are most grateful for your support and encouragement.

JOCK.
See more about us. www.marinacostabonita.com

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario